AD9748 8-Bit, 210 MSPS TxDAC® D/A Converter
The AD9748 is an 8-bit resolution, wideband, third generation member of the TxDAC series of high performance, low power CMOS digital-to-analog converters (DACs). The TxDAC family, consisting of pin-compatible 8-, 10-, 12-, and 14-bit DACs, is specifically optimized for the transmit signal path of communication systems. All of the devices share the same interface options, small outline package, and pinout, providing an upward or downward component selection path based on performance, resolution, and cost. The AD9748 offers exceptional ac and dc performance while supporting update rates up to 210 MSPS.
The AD9748’s low power dissipation makes it well suited for portable and low power applications. Its power dissipation can be further reduced to 60 mW with a slight degradation in performance by lowering the full-scale current output. In addition, a power-down mode reduces the standby power dissipation to approximately 15 mW. A segmented current source architecture is combined with a proprietary switching technique to reduce spurious components and enhance dynamic performance.
Edge-triggered input latches and a 1.2 V temperature-compensated band gap reference have been integrated to provide a complete monolithic DAC solution. The digital inputs support 3 V CMOS logic families.
- 32-lead LFCSP.
- The AD9748 is the 8-bit member of the pin-compatible TxDAC family, which offers excellent INL and DNL performance.
- Differential or single-ended clock input (LVPECL or CMOS), supports 210 MSPS conversion rate.
- Data input supports twos complement or straight binary data coding.
- Low power: Complete CMOS DAC function operates on 135 mW from a 2.7 V to 3.6 V single supply. The DAC full-scale current can be reduced for lower power operation, and a sleep mode is provided for low power idle periods.
- On-chip voltage reference: The AD9748 includes a 1.2 V temperature-compensated band gap voltage reference.
- Direct digital synthesis (DSS)
Features and Benefits
- High performance member of pin-compatible TxDAC product family
- 0.1 LSB DNL
- 0.1 LSB INL
- Twos complement or straight binary data format
- Differential current outputs: 2 mA to 20 mA
- Power dissipation: 135 mW @ 3.3 V
- Power-down mode: 15 mW @ 3.3 V
- On-chip 1.20 V reference
- CMOS-compatible digital interface
- 32-lead LFCSP
- Edge-triggered latches
- Fast settling: 11 ns to 0.1% full-scale